Sunday, October 3, 2010

KIT

I started this weekend sorting out all the food requirements for KAEM. I got the daily distances and I have calculated what my calorie expenditure should be but this was more of a thumb suck than anything else! Breakfasts are generally going to look like this: 100g oats with usn protein shake mixed in. Running calories depending on the days distances 1-2 Hammer nutrition perpeteum, 1-3 GU's, 1-4 serving of cytomax, 1 rehydrate and if I get sick of all the sweet stuff I will suck on 50g of biltong. Post run: PVM fusion for recovery with 1 sachet of rehydrate. Lunches cup-a-soup, 85g tuna packets (they are great tasting) with salty biscuits. Suppers: I have bought a few back country freeze dried meals and tried a few, they taste good but are quite costly, other suppers will include my all time favourite toppers and smash(NOOOT!). I have also been experimenting with some snacks for around camp banana chips dipped in honey are tasty and really high in calories, Hawaiian nut mix as well. My favourite snack is 20g milo with 30g milk powder tastes great and is good for recovery, and before bed I'll smash a protein drink and hopefully slip off into lala land!!
My equipment: Raidlight 30L backpack (light and strong), shoes: Salomon slabs 2 and raidlight mini sand gaiters.sleeping bag: first ascent adventure light, self inflating pillow (my luxury item) I am still deciding if I should take a sleeping mat?? socks: injinji mini crew (awesome). I will be running in a first ascent recovery T shirt white short sleeve and compression tights shorts made by skins. If it gets cold at night I will wear 2XU compression long tights and K-Way long sleeve thermo shirt and my trusty buff.  Toiletries: toothbrush cut in half, small toothpaste, wet wipes for "showering", deodorant, prep (my botty butter).

No comments:

Post a Comment