Tuesday, September 28, 2010

VASBYT SEUN VASBYT

"Vasbyt seun vasbyt" I heard these words going down fields hill during comrades, nearing the bottom I saw "ouboet" beer belly, bald and sunburned,  he had been there for a while and he could obviously see the pain on my face! If you don't know fields hill it is a long down hill on the down run of comrades with about 30km to go. Nearing the bottom of fields hill every inch of my body was sore, my knees felt like they were about to pop out of my hips and ankles were bruised from the camber of the road,  my body was screaming STOP! but in my mind all I could see was the finish line. I went to my "happy place" that day on more than one occasion. My "happy place" is often visualizing the finish line and hugging  my wife and daughters at the end and feeling that sense of achievement. I suppose this "happy place" drives me in alot that I do, daily really,whether I'm doing something that is quite boring or really difficult, and if I think about it carefully my mind is my only limitation!!
Thanks outboet for those words of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment